Casual Young Carers Groups/Activity Assistants – ongoing
POST: Sessional Worker – Young Carer/Young Adult Carer Activities and/or Groups
SALARY: £8.25 per hour
REPORTING TO: Outreach Worker/Team Leader
Aims of the Post
- To work with groups of Young Carers to provide activities and opportunities to enable them to enjoy social interaction, to feel supported and less isolated.
- To support activities and group meetings as requested.
- To work effectively as part of the Young Carers Service team.
- To positively advocate on behalf of Young Carers living in the community.
- To maintain and return timesheets, records of expenditure and travel costs.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times.
This post requires an Enhanced DBS Disclosure with Barring Checks
- Qualification and/or experience working with young people in a group/play setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Colleagues and Young Carers.
- A commitment to putting equal opportunities into practice.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Able to uphold the ethic of confidentiality throughout the organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of Child Protection Procedures.
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing Young Carers
- Computer Literate
- Clean driving license and willingness to transport Young Carers
For more information and to apply please visit: http://www.pavo.org.uk/home/current-vacancies/details/article/credu-casual-support-staff-wanted.html