Funding Advice Service
AVOW offers FREE funding advice service, tailored to the needs of not-for-profit voluntary and community groups, charities and social enterprises, based in or serving the people of Wrexham County Borough.
Our services for AVOW members and potential members include:
- Identify potential funding sources;
- Funding Information Sheets
- Bespoke guidance on techniques needed for completing good quality funding applications;
- 1-2-1 Funding Surgeries and meet the funder events
- Training courses on Funding and fundraising (link to training pages)
- Guidance with developing ideas into projects to meet funders’ criteria
- Checking applications before they are submitted to funders
Are you looking for funding?
Complete an online funding enquiry form and our experienced staff will carry out a detailed search to identify potential funders to whom you may apply for support.
Or, use our AVOW Open4Community Funding Portal, to conduct your own funding search. The Funding Portal will allow you:
- Free, unrestricted and unlimited access to an easy-to-use database of 1000+ funding opportunities, at the click of a button
- The ability to do your own tailored funding searches, or browse funds by theme
- To generate funding reports, download and save information to your personal profile
- To be kept up to date. Set up email alerts, to be the first to know when relevant funds are added, updated, or open for applications
- Access to a library of information on different subjects which will help support you in applying for funding
- To sign up for weekly newsletters packed with the latest funding announcements.
The Funding Portal is a benefit for AVOW Members only.
To use the Funding Portal, sign into our Membership area here.
Not a member yet? To find out more on how to become a member click here.
“Just to let you know that we did get the grant under the environmental grant for new heating system for the hall, from Northern Marches and I have just been told that I have got the grant for the bi-lingual grant to have new posters etc. so many thanks for sending me the details” Gary Sage, Marchwiel Village Hall
For more information about funding, please contact Heather Hicks, Funding Advice Officer, to discuss your projects and see what funding is available on tel: 01978 312556 or e-mail: email@example.com